The large 6.7 liter cocotte is unsurpassed for slowly cooking large quantities of meat and vegetables to perfection and for simmering hearty stews and soups. The Majólica enamel finish is a special three-step technique that imbues the rich graphite gray color with shine and depth. Cast iron has exceptional heat retention qualities making it heat evenly. The strong, tight lid that retains moisture and the small spikes on the inner lid that create a rain effect inside the pan, returning juices evenly to the food, producing perfectly cooked food every time you use this pan. Rooted in French culinary heritage, STAUB cookware is loved by professional and home chefs for its exquisite craftsmanship, exceptional performance and timeless beauty. Each STAUB cocotte transitions effortlessly and elegantly from stove/oven to table – cook and serve in the same utensil. These pieces can be passed down with love from generation to generation.
- Oval cocotte for large quantities of 6.7L. Enameled cast iron with 3-layer graphite gray Majolique finish for a richer, brighter color;
- Textured matte black enamel interior requires no treatment and ensures exceptional caramelization and even heat retention and distribution;
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stoves, including induction;
- The heavy, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, the spikes on the lid create a rain effect, returning juices evenly to the food can be used in the oven up to 260ºC;
- The rough interior texture caramelizes food exceptionally;
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended;